Friday, February 22, 2008

Life on the Verge

I have a very strong feeling that a spiritual breakthrough is in the air - I really believe that those who are seeking Him are going to find Him in a very real way. Press forward into Him - do not be satisfied with the feeling that you are constantly on the verge of a deeper understanding of God, of a more fully realized experience with Jesus Christ.

One of my problems has always been an inability to push through when I felt like I was ready to breakthrough in my experience with God. I would have wonderful moments of enlightenment with Him, and then just as I could feel it all coming together - I would pull back. Consciously or subconsciously, I don't know. It was almost like a self-defeating move that I would make. Was I afraid of what a fully surrendered life would look like? What a life that had been consumed by God would be? Probably. I don't know.

Not anymore. I have come to the conclusion that this life offers very little without God. I'm tired of partial victories. I'm tired of living a life on the verge.

Here is a Scripture to chew on: Hosea 6: 1 - 3

"Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces but He will heal us; He has injured us but He will bind up our wounds. After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in His presence. Let us acknowledge the Lord, let us press on to acknowledge Him. As surely as the sun rises, He will appear; He will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth."

There is something mystical about that third day. Let us press through to it - it is where the Risen Christ abides. The verge is no place to abide. It's a place of mediocrity and compromise. Press through in your prayers and in your devotional life and in your absolute surrender to God. To the reality of His presence in your life.

No comments: