Thursday, February 14, 2008

I Lied At My Ordination

Yes - I lied at my ordination. I hope this doesn't invalidate all the weddings and funerals I've done. (Although I don't necessarily know what would happen if a funeral were invalidated!). Anyway - here's what happened: The council of pastors asked me when I got saved. I didn't know - sometime when I was young. But they kept pushing for a date, a moment in time. I recognized that this was what they were looking for - so I made up a date when I was about 10. Gave the month, the day, the year. They all wrote it down on their notepads and the process continued on. I remember thinking What the heck was that all about?

Anyway - I'm still working through the salvation process (Not my own - I am saved - so back off.). I'm working through how others come to the Lord. It's everything, isn't it? Anyway - I don't have a date and I don't think I need one.

Let's put it this way - I'm in love with Ruth (my wife). I know I am - no doubt. But we kind of grew up together and I can't remember the moment. It just happened. Does that make it any less real? I don't think so.

Sometimes I wish I had that moment - but what really matters is that right now I know my standing in Christ is real.

Just some more thoughts on the Salvation Road I'm traveling. . . .And if I married any of you - sorry about the potential legal snafu. (Unless of course, this is the out you're looking for!)

No comments: