Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Better Picture

Most of the time I have my entire life backwards. I tend to think of my life as the main focus, as the backdrop to all that is going on, and then I try to paint Jesus into it where I need Him and where I think He'll fit in. I am the canvas - He is merely the paint.

In reality what I should be doing is living a life where Jesus, the spiritual world, is recognized as the canvas. He is the reality. Then I can paint my insignificant life onto His canvas and become part of a masterpiece.

It takes me time to get to this point. I have to move outside of myself and try to see what's really going on. Most of the time I'm just looking through my physical eyes and all I see is the world that is revolving around me.

When I step back I get the whole view - where God is the canvas and I am a drop of paint, blessed to be a part of a better picture.

No comments: