Saturday, March 21, 2009

Really?

So I take my kids to the Dollar Tree this morning. I get bumped around by everyone scrambling for their dollar items. (They should call this the "I Dollar Tree" for the way these cheap man-made things are sought after !)

Anyway, everyone looks crazy. After I get pushed aside by an old lady while getting in line (she saved herself 20 seconds with that move - well worth it)- I looked up and asked God: "So, really . . . .this was THE PLAN?"

Once in awhile that thought crosses my mind. I see the angry mob and I wonder how this could be the part of some kind of divine plan. What God in their right mind would do that?

Not to get all Max Lucado on you, but then I looked down at my precious little children - with huge smiles on their faces as they held plastic bugs and Gummi-Bears, and my mind was re-focused to the heart of God. And maybe a little bit of love toward that lady who knocked me into Aisle 2.

No comments: