Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Harboring Bitterness - The Cellar Dweller

Harboring Bitterness


“I’m just going to hide him here for awhile. People are always chasing him around and he needs a place to stay. I’ll push him deep, deep down so no one will see him. He gets the basement – I promise.


You say he’s a lousy guest? He seems okay, a little self-centered and moody – but as long as he keeps quiet I should be okay.


You say he’s a lousy hider? That he’ll keep popping his head up into business that doesn’t involve him? I can’t have that. I can’t have him messing around in areas that he doesn’t belong. I’m just harboring him - that means he has to stay hidden and not bother me or anyone else. He can do that, can’t he?


You say he’ll eventually take over the house and no one will want to visit? That he’ll end up being my only friend, my only comfort? I’m not sure I like that thought – he’s really not very friendly. He’s hard to get along with and doesn’t seem to like anything or anyone. He’s also pretty self-absorbed, cynical, and critical of the rest of my friends. I’m not even sure that he likes me!


But don’t worry – I’m only hiding him here in the basement. My house will remain untouched.”


Verses:

Proverbs 14:10 “Each heart knows its own bitterness.”

Hebrews 12:15 “See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.”

Job 5:2 “Resentment kills a fool.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Go to [url=http://www.redsoleshoesmart.com/]Red Bottom Shoes[/url] {here|click here|click|website} [url=http://www.redsoleshoesmart.com/]red sole shoes[/url] Wedding Flower shoes [url=http://www.uslouboutinoutlet.com/]Christian Louboutin Outlet[/url] handbags online