Thursday, August 7, 2008

Just Thinking Some More

As I head out to NH on vacation, I'll fling out a few thoughts:

  • We discuss giving up our 'rights' for our weaker brother - but just what is a 'right'? Is drinking a right? Celebrating church on a different day? What we watch? What we listen to or read?
  • Really - church shouldn't be that hard.
  • Why is it that when I shut off my car with my automatic door locker, I think I'm cool when I go behind-the-back?
  • The Old Man is really hard to kill and his fruit seem to live on for a long time.
  • The Minor Prophets seem awfully timely right about now.
  • Someone once told me at church: "You know how much you love the Bible? Well, I feel the same way about the By-laws of the church." And he meant it sincerely.
  • The original King James Version included the Apocrypha. Do KJV-onlys realize that?
  • I told my son that he could have my IPod when I die. He was psyched! Should I be worried about that?
  • The other day I went to Wal-Mart and when I passed a mother, she looked at me then she yelled loudly for her young child. Should I be worried about that? Seriously, how bad did I look?
  • You know you're maturing as a Christian when you honestly want other Christians to do well. A problem I often struggle with.
  • In Obadiah, we are told that simply by allowing injustice to take place on the children of God, we are participating - that's a very sobering thought. (Obadiah 11)
  • I don't mind if someone wants to argue down my point-of-view. My only problem is when they have nothing to replace it with, nothing to say of their own.
  • If we're "filled to the measure of the fullness of God" - the ISSUES have a way of taking care of themselves.

I have a bunch of other thoughts rumbling through this brain but I'll wait until I get back - because these don't seem to be making sense anymore.

1 comment:

geealola said...

Gives a whole new meaning to "a BEE in your bonnet!"