Monday, August 31, 2009

Fat and Happy

Sitting in the Copley Square mall – waiting for Ruth – watching all the younger people milling around and wondering what it would be like to be that age again. Then I realized something – it came upon me very powerfully. The things I know now would not fit into that person of 20 years ago. I have grown beyond that person spiritually and I want to continue to grow. I don’t want to go back one step. Age is irrelevant – it really is. That’s not just the statement of an older person. It’s the truth. I want to fill up with Christ and I don’t think the person of 20 years ago could handle where He has taken me.


Just like the old pair of pants that don't fit anymore, the old wineskin of my youth would not hold where God has taken me over this journey. I'm glad. I wouldn't go back to that person for anything.

1 comment:

Tim said...

"he old wineskin of my youth would not hold where God has taken me over this journey."

I like that