Monday, February 16, 2009

Taken

I saw the movie "Taken" the other day. It's basically about a father who moves heaven and earth to rescue his kidnapped daughter. It made me want to do something like that to prove my love for my own kids. Be a hero in an amazing and dramatic way.

Isn't that what we want to do as Christians? Invade every area with the kingdom of God - advancing into regions far and wide? Be a hero?

In Judges 10 I was reading about Jair. He was a hero, but not to all of Israel. (Some of the judges were of regions, not the nations). And I realized that's what God calls me to do, at least as a start. Be a hero in my region. That may mean one person. It may mean to my family, not to all the families of the the world. If nothing else, I can at least be a hero in my little region and advance God's kingdom in my family and in my circle of friends.

Today - that's my goal. Advance God's kingdom - in this little place He's put me.

No comments: