Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Looking for an IN

There are so many "churched" kids that grow up looking for an "out." They look to find hypocrisy or falsehoods or contradictions so that they can get out at the first opening and do their thing with complete justification.

But when I was growing up, I was just the opposite. I wasn't looking for the lies, I was looking for the truth. I wasn't looking for the hypocrites, I was looking for Christian lives being lived out honestly. I was looking for an "in."

I could sense the ultimate truth that was in the Word and in Christianity from an early age, so I tried to sidestep the wrong and focus on the right.

Not all church kids are looking to get out. Some of them are asking the hard questions because they feel in the core of their being the truth, and they want all of it, in its purest form.

To be sure, many are just looking for an excuse to get out - and no one is forced through the Gate. But there are some who say, as Peter did, "To whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that You are the Holy One of God." (Jn 6:68)

Once you truly grasp the reality of who Christ is, you will no longer look to man to give you a reason to leave.

No comments: