Thursday, December 4, 2008

But Can You Change THAT?

John 4:11 "Sir," the woman replied, "you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep."

Many (if not all) of us struggle with certain things in our lives that we submit to Christ with little expectation that He can actually do something about it. Certain things we do achieve victory over, but there are areas in our lives where we often resign ourselves to continual failure. We are like the Samaritan woman, in effect saying to Christ: "This is a very deep matter in my life, and I fear that you do not have the means to accomplish victory for me."

Of course we would never actually say those words, but our lives and our attitudes reveal the truth in our hearts. We are resigned to carrying this burden. "You can change a lot of things, but can you really change that?"

Rest assured today - He can change that. Whatever your that is, submit it to Him and allow Him to work it out of your life.

5 comments:

pete said...

how?

TDags said...

Good question. Anyone?

Unknown said...

Patience.

Trust.

I'd like to say that I have never doubted that the Lord could take away my struggles or burdens but I wouldn't be honest in that statement.

I believe that HE can and will help me through any issue...the key, i've found the hard way sometimes...is that I have to put forth the effort.

I can't just sit back and say, "Lord, deliver me" and then keep doing what I'm doing. Expecting Him to 'make it all go away'.

If it's a tremendous burden...I'm sure He can lend a stronger hand in that particular situation.

I have some scripture to back up what I'm saying...I just can't think of them right now and I have to head to work...I just wanted to jot this down.

dave said...

this is great stuff. really timely for me.

TDags said...

Good point, "Chops" - there is a difference between a burden God asks you to bear and something that we need to have victory over. I'll address this now on the blog. Thanks for making me clarify this because it's a very important distinction.