Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Grow Into Your Boundaries

You have a greater capacity for spiritual life than you are currently experiencing.

I thought I was at the limit of my love when I was first married. Then, when my daughter Olivia was born, my capacity for love exploded. I had no idea that I was capable of this amount of love in my life. It shocked me. I felt that all my life up until that point was running on 2 cylinders. Then something even stranger happened. My son Luke was born and my capacity for love immediately doubled. I realized that love is not like a balloon, filled to a point and then that's it. It's limitless, as the birth of my next two children revealed even deeper.

That's why we can't settle for the spiritual state that we're in right now. Our capacity is far greater than we can imagine. God is willing and able to blow the doors off our expectations and experiences. Quite simply, there is more.

As Job says in 26:14 "And these are but the outer fringe of His works; how faint the whisper we hear of Him!"

Your capacity for spirituality is much greater than you are accepting in your life right now. Stop what you're doing and lay your life out before Him and open yourself up and let Him expand your boundaries. Or better yet, let Him grow you into the boundaries that He has already established for you. Quit settling for the whisper.

1 comment:

dave said...

i've thought about this a lot. i hear about stuff like this so often that i really can't wait to experience it for myself.