Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Word From the Father

I was sitting on my couch this morning. Just praying to God. I had read Oswald Chamber's devotional this morning (read it: http://www.rbc.org/utmost/index.php) and I wanted that "clear conscience" to serve God that he was talking about. So I sat on my couch and prayed: "Father, carve me out!"

He said, "Tom, move in My direction." So clearly and so clear. Quit sitting there waiting for the lightning bolt of cleansing. Move. Get in the Word, pray, be actively pursuing Him. I knew exactly what He meant. The mountain of evidence behind me is sufficient proof for me to take a step forward in faith. I don't need the flash from heaven - I need to get up and move in His direction. All the garbage will fall off in the process.

Also read Numbers 13,14. When Caleb and the other spies went into the Promised Land, they said that the land would devour them. But Caleb said no, we will swallow them up, "for their protection is gone." That's two distinctly opposite viewpoints of the Christian in the world. If we will move forward, the inability of the world to stand in the way of the Kingdom of Christ will be revealed. If we sit there waiting, we will never find that out.

"Move in My direction." That's a pretty good word from the Father today.

No comments: