Friday, June 5, 2009

Psalm 23 and the Manifest Presence of God

While walking today, I was reciting the 23rd Psalm and finding a wonderful freshness to it. Walking in paths of righteousness. For His Name's sake. For You are with me. All these phrases were working through my head when the Spirit put upon me that His presence was within me, changing this a bit:

The Lord is within me - my greatest want has been satisfied.
Every place I lie down is a green pasture.
Quiet waters are found on the busiest city streets.
My soul has been restored.
Every path is one of righteousness, for His name is upon me.
The shadows of the valley of death are seen for what they really are -
The Reality within me overwhelms them.
Perfect Love has driven out fear.
His presence is a rod within me, removing all things that hinder,
Bringing comfort and peace to my soul.
I am able to invite my enemies to the table,
To love them and feed them from the food that has been set before me,
For I have been anointed with the oil of His Spirit.
His cup overflows through me into the world.
Goodness and love pour out of me,
All the days of my life,
For I am the house of the Lord.
Forever.

1 comment:

Tim said...

beautiful meditation